Canadian Identification Society
2020 Conference Postponed
Unfortunately due to the current events of COVID-19, the board has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Conference until May 2022. As it stands in Ontario on November 19, 2020, only groups of 10 are permitted to gather with social distancing in place. Given that the conference was only a few months away, we anticipated that an event of our size would not be possible by September. In addition, we recognize that many police agencies are using their budgets to combat COVID-19 with purchasing of PPE and infrastructure to continue doing business safely. We hope to be able to serve the membership at a later date once the danger of the pandemic has subsided.
We will notify the membership as soon as we have solidified an exact date. In the interim, we hope to host online sessions for all members to still have access to training during 2021. All those who have paid for registration will be refunded. Thank you for understanding. Please stay safe out there!
The 2020 CIS Educational Conference is a biennial event for forensic identification professionals to join together to learn and share valuable advancements in the field.
- The first day of the conference features great hall presenters on recent cases or developments in the field.
- The next two days contain a variety of workshops that each delegate selects prior to attending - focusing on developing and advancing specialties within identification.
- The last day gathers all delegates again in the great hall for more presenters that all forensic identification investigators can benefit from. In addition, a banquet is held on the night of the 3rd day for delegates to get to know each other and share any recent cases.
- Speaker and workshop information to follow.
- If you would like to register using a cheque, please mail the cheque to our treasurer
Don Harrison: PO Box 8763, CSC – T, Ottawa, ON K1G 3J1
- Please follow up with an e-mail to Michelle Pflug (email@example.com) to notify that a cheque has been sent and an attached registration form.
- Contact for registration: Michelle Pflug firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact for vendors: Jessica Piekny Jessica.Piekny@torontopolice.on.ca or Tamryn Loy Son email@example.com
- Contact for speakers: Aimee Lukings firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Brooks email@example.com
CIS 2020 Conference Team!