Having confidence in your abilities and being up-to-date on the current issues facing your discipline is crucial to the success of all Forensic Identification Specialists. The Canadian Identification Society's Mission Statement emphasizes the Society's focus on helping all Forensic Identification Specialists achieve such a goal. Over the past thirty years the Canadian Identification Society has promoted Forensic Identification within Canada, the USA, Australia and Europe. Through publication of Identification Canada, it's quarterly journal, the CIS provides its membership with current research, new techniques and relevant case law. The Annual Educational Conference gives members access to a variety of products, suppliers and demonstrations. There are presentations on new technology as well as the opportunity to network with other experts.
Benefits of a Membership
Contact with others in the same field of work in Canada, USA, Australia, Europe and more.
- A peer-reviewed journal with information on current research and new techniques. A forum for sharing your ideas with others.
- Annual Educational Conference gives members access to a variety of products, suppliers and demonstrations. There are also presentations by members working in the same discipline on new technology and also the opportunity to speak with the people directly involved with the research into new technology.
- Possibility of a provincial workshop giving the opportunity to meets provincial members doing the same discipline.
- You also have a membership in a professional organization dedicated to improve the knowledge of its members, and to ensuring that new technology meets with the standards that will maintain our integrity as Identification Specialists.
- Active Membership shall consist of persons employed in the Science of Identification or Forensic Science ($65.00).
- Additional Member shall be used for additional persons for which you will be purchasing a membership with the same payment method. For example, one agency paying for the membership of all their members at once ($65.00 each).
- Student Membership shall consist of post secondary student enrolled in a college or university in a course related to the field of Forensic Science. They shall in all respects be subject to the same rules, fees and charges and entitled to the same rights and privileges of Active members, except they shall not be entitled to hold office or vote ($65.00).
- Institution Membership shall consist of Heads of Bureaus of Identification and Instructors and heads of accredited institutions or learning facilities where Identification or Forensic Science Subjects are taught ($100.00).